Missed to pay ST
Asked by
Service tax instalment facility available; non-registration and non-filing risk departmental notices and penalties, mitigation depends on facts.
Availability of a facility to pay outstanding service tax and interest in instalments is confirmed; absence of registration, non filing of returns, and failure to charge tax expose the assessee to departmental notices demanding tax, interest and penalties, though penalty liability may be reduced or avoided depending on the specific facts and after regularising registration and returns. (AI Summary)
Availability of a facility to pay outstanding service tax and interest in instalments is confirmed; absence of registration, non filing of returns, and failure to charge tax expose the assessee to departmental notices demanding tax, interest and penalties, though penalty liability may be reduced or avoided depending on the specific facts and after regularising registration and returns. (AI Summary)
I am Vijay.. started doing business from 2013 March.. I am not aware of paying service tax.. So I have to pay tax for 2013 to 14 and 14 to 15.. comes around 10 lacs.. but don't have money now. . Is there any possibility to pay as EMI or quarterly installment
TaxTMI