Loading...

⚠ ✕
❮ Top
☎ Help
☰
×

By creating an account you can:

Logo TaxTMI
Call Us / Help / Feedback✕

Contact Us At :

✉ E-mail: [email protected]

✆ Call / WhatsApp at: +91 99117 96707

For more information, Check Contact Us

FAQs :

To know Frequently Asked Questions, Check FAQs

Most Asked Video Tutorials :

For more tutorials, Check Video Tutorials

Submit Feedback/Suggestion :

Email :
Please provide your email address so we can follow up on your feedback.
Category :
Description :
Min 15 characters 0/2000
╳
Add to...
You have not created any category. Kindly create one to bookmark this item!
✕
Create New Category
Hide
Title :
Description :
+ Post a Query
Post a New Query ✕
Title :
0/200 char
Description :
Max 0 char
Category :
Delete Reply

Are you sure you want to delete your reply beginning with ' ' ?

Delete Issue

Are you sure you want to delete your Issue titled: ' ' ?

Discussion Forum

Back

All Issues

Advanced Search ❮
Reset Filters
Search By:
Search by Text :
Press 'Enter' to add multiple search terms
Select Date:
From To
Category :
OR
Search by Issue ID:
NOTE: If you have inputs in both the fields, then results will be shown for issueId first.
Issue ID: 111705
Like 0 Bookmark

Investment in mf and shares

Date 29 Mar 2017
Replies 1 Reply
Views 1175 Views
Asked by
FEMA residence status determines eligibility to invest in Indian mutual funds and shares; seek specialist compliance advice.
A Nepalese national resident in India asks whether they are a resident under FEMA, whether they may invest in mutual funds and shares like an Indian resident, what FEMA or other compliance obligations apply, and whether they qualify as a Qualified Foreign Investor; the reply advises consulting a specialist because of recent FEMA amendments. (AI Summary)

Dear Experts,

I am a Nepali citizen and have been residing in India for last 8 years. I came to India for study and doing job now. (we don’t need any VISA or special permission as per Sagauli treaty to come to India.)

I have owned PAN, BANK ACCOUNT and AADHAR here and also I have Citizenship Certificate of Nepal.

I want to start investment in Mutual Funds (SIP) and Shares. But I have got few doubts.

Please help –

1. Am I resident or Non-resident as per FEMA ?

2.Am I eligible to invest in MF and Shares in India ?

3.Can I invest like any other Indian Resident ?

4.Do I need to comply with any FEMA requirement or any other law for such investment?

5. Do I qualify as a Qualified Foreign Investor (QFI) to invest ?

Please suggest. I am in urgent need of this.

1 answers
Sort by

Old Query - New Comments are closed.

Hide
Like 0
Replied on Apr 1, 2017
1.

Since amendments and changes are there in FEMA it is better to have discussions with a consultant.

Recent Issues